Time for a good cleanseMarch 25, 2021
With the full moon approaching, it is the best time to cleanse your space for old stagnant energy; in the body, in the mind, and even in your closet or those cluttered surfaces.
If we believe that all things are energy and like energy attracts like energy... then if we have old, heavy, stagnant energy around us, this will be all that we attract.
If you have been feeling unsettled or stuck in any way in your life, then its time for a cleanse, a good purge.
Full moon lends itself to an optimal time to let go of any weight you have been carrying around with you. An old story, limiting beliefs, financial blockages, resentment of a wrong done to you or a score that you feel was never settled. This is not to focus on any negativity in your present or past but a removal of what is holding you back.
A release and a letting go.
There are many ways for you to cleanse your life, today I will share about a smudge stick...no that’s not a joint i am holding :)
A cleansing smudge is made up of medicinal herbs. (Side note; make sure that all ingredients are responsibly sourced)
The art of smudging is an ancient spiritual ritual for purification, dispelling negative energy and improving of your mood. It can easily be incorporated into your routine or meditative practice.
It has been used for centuries by many different cultures in ritual prayer, ceremonies and healing, its known for its grounding and focusing effect which can enhance creativity, productivity and increase clarity.
I do a cleanse once a month with each full moon but you might feel differently. You can do this as often as you feel the need to.
Smudging is the ritual of cleaning the energy of a physical space, object or person. If you have a meditation ritual or even a journalling practice, you can burn a smudge stick before your practice. This will help prepare your energy and mind for meditation and allow you to easily connect.
I also sometime use different incense if I do not have a smudge, its not the same but your intention is.
• First you start with a simple intention of focusing on clearing the thick energy out of your space and mind. We have to acknowledge what we are ready to release in our lives.
• Once you have your intention in mind, light the smudge and hold at an angle pointing the tip down towards the flame. Allow it to burn for 30 seconds and then blow out the flame.
• Place it on any heat-proof burning surface like an abalone shell, a traditional vessel used to represents the element of water.
• If left to rest the stick will smoulder and release smoke. If used for smudging, walk around the room, space, object or person, fanning the smoke over its entirety, whilst focusing on cleansing and clearing the energy.
• Once you’ve finished smudging and cleansing the space, you can set a new intention. This can be anything.
This is a very intuitive practice. So do make it your own.
When we are clear minded, there is clarity in all we do, there is room to grow, room for new beginnings, and even creativity.
What we think, expands, and what expands surrounds us. We have to be open and willing to let this practice work.
Carrying negative thought forms or excess energies is inevitable at times; whether they result from an argument or an overwhelming day at work… we all go through it. But it’s important to know that these things are temporary, and with the adaptation of these sacred practices, we can live a more mindful and awakened life.
Join Our Newsletter.